Our lives are so hectic and nonstop. The last thing we need is to be in a car accident. But no matter how careful you are on the road, you can be a victim of a car crash in an instant. After an accident, you may be focused on repairing your car or submitting an insurance claim. You may just want to get back to your day-to-day routine. But if you are a victim of a car crash, it is important to see a chiropractor, often within the first few days, for a comprehensive examination. Chiropractic care and treatment are essential to address any injuries you may have sustained and get you on the road to recovery more quickly. Here are 5 reasons to see a chiropractor after a car accident.
1. Pain and injuries may not appear right away. It is important to see a chiropractor after a car accident, even if you are not sure you were injured. You may feel fine, but soft tissue injuries caused by car crashes can take several days to appear. After a traumatic accident, it is common for your body to be pumped full of adrenaline or other hormones to prevent pain and reduce stress. However, this is temporary and will wear off, often leaving you with pain and discomfort. The sooner you see a chiropractor, the sooner you can be thoroughly evaluated and start treating your injuries.
2. Some injuries can quickly become debilitating. Seeing a chiropractor within the first few days of an accident can advance your recovery considerably, preventing a debilitating and chronic condition. Whiplash, the most common injury victims can experience after a car accident, can cause chronic headaches, pain, or dizziness. Even if the other motorist was going at a relatively slow speed during a rear-end collision or your car sustained little or no damage, your neck or back could have sustained considerable damage. Chiropractic treatment is designed to treat soft-tissue or musculoskeletal injuries, restore your mobility, and reduce any pain and discomfort. It is important to consult a chiropractor even after a minor accident or fender-bender to avoid developing a chronic issue.
3. Chiropractic care addresses pain naturally. Medical doctors are more likely to prescribe pain medications or muscle relaxers for injuries from a car crash. Chiropractors, however, find the source of the pain and readjust the body to address the root cause. This means there is no risk of becoming dependent on pain medication. Your chiropractor will start with a comprehensive examination and design a personalized treatment plan that includes manual adjustment techniques and other therapies to address your pain and injuries. Your plan will be adjusted throughout your care to sustain your recovery.
4. Chiropractors see patients with injuries from car accidents every day. After a car accident, you should be assessed by a doctor that can quickly detect and diagnose soft-tissue damage or other musculoskeletal injuries. Chiropractors do more than take x-rays. They perform numerous tests, such as range of motion or nerve function assessments, to uncover injuries other health care providers may miss. Their specialized training and thorough examination make it easier to pinpoint the cause of your pain.
5. The focus is on long-term improvement. Unlike other medical treatments that focus on reducing symptoms, chiropractic care provides long-term improvement. Your chiropractor is determined to get you back to your regular activities, pain-free. Your holistic treatment plan will include chiropractic adjustments as well as at-home exercises designed to:
- Alleviate inflammation.
- Reduce scar tissue.
- Improve your range of motion.
- Reduce pain and stiffness.
- Strengthen and align your spine.
Request an Appointment
Call (925) 757-3309 or complete the form below to book your appointment today.